• March 3Graduation on 24 May 2018

Seniors with Unique Plans for Their Future

Back to Article
Back to Article

photo via pixabay under creative commons licenses

Sarah Lam, News Writer

Higley High School 2018 graduates prepare for college, have plans for what they want to do in the future, and work towards benefiting their careers. But what some may not have noticed is that there are a couple of our senior students who have plans that are interestingly different and extraordinarily supportive towards our community into creating a future that is beneficial to society.

There is now a better chance for people of poverty to be reduced and live better lives thanks to Alex! Alex Booth is a senior student creating his own business to help and improve civilization. Places of civilization improvements include those of poverty and those in need of lifestyle issues. According to Alex, “By doing this, we are giving opportunities to homeless people, to have shelter by building towers… where they can harvest food and sell them in farmer’s markets, and they gain marketing experience as well as have living quarters to living healthier.”

Moreover, Alex focuses his diligence through beneficial community work, relating to the business he wants to build. Alex plans to work with strong motivation and passion to create a community garden, and he currently has an internship job called Agriscaping, known as a way of utilizing both landscaping and agriculture together.

To imagine a world where problematic life issues of today can be solved through strategic child psychology is phenomenal! Mackenzie Elafros is a senior student who believes culture is important. She explained her thoughts on how it’s good to explore the different cultures and use them to help express ideas that would benefit her field of psychology from knowledge.

Mackenzie encourages getting involved into the community. She plans to go on mission trips with the college holds supporting her career to become an experienced psychologist. Furthermore, she states, “All the activities that I plan to do at college will benefit my future because it will help me to socialize and help me work with kids.” Mackenzie works hard to research any information she can that will help her to become a memorable child psychologist.

Great mathematical minds from all over the world; Impossible or Maintainable? Lauren Pack will put in the good effort to have international students to be able to learn mathematics no matter where they are in the world. Lauren is a senior student who wants to travel and live abroad to help people around the globe.

According to Lauren, in which she exclaims, “I always had a love for mathematics and I also discovered that I have a real passion for helping people, especially people of other cultures that aren’t as fortunate as we are.” Lauren is an active student who will be joining a lot of clubs and activities concerning the major plans she will want  to achieve.

Higley High has students who believe in creating a brighter future. Likewise, they are the ones who want to make that future possible. In other words, the students are not only confident, but they are willing too. They are students who work to achieve a great change that would develop vibrant perseverance.